“Stable startup.” Has a nice ring to it, no?Opscode is a leader in cloud infrastructure automation, but with none of the attitude. Unlike behemoth corporations where you’re fated to be a cog in the machine, Opscode restores the meaning of “team,” in that every employee impacts our work and gets his or her voice heard. Our people are crazy smart, funny, and always open to new ideas, a wicked combination that helps us continually change and redefine the cloud landscape.
While we’ve got all the easygoingness of a startup, we also have the credibility of an established company. We’re backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Battery Ventures, and Ignition Partners, and we’re steadily winning business from major Fortune 1000 enterprises.
We’re also big fans of having a life outside of work. Despite how giddy we get about code, we know some things are more important: namely sleep, dinner at home, and socializing (helps us maintain the guise that we’re not a bunch of code-happy geeks). Which makes Opscode a fantastic place to work at any stage of your career – whether you’re fresh out of college or approaching retirement age.
Small company, big company benefits.
- An enviable paid time-off policy. Along with our 10 paid holidays per year, a new employee starts with 20 days off in their first calendar year of employment.
- Excellent medical/dental/vision coverage, with low co-pays and deductibles. 100% of premiums are paid for employees, and 50% for spouses, domestic partners, and children.
- Paid long-term and short-term disability insurance for employees who work more than 30 hours/week.
- A 401(k) plan, partially matched by the company.
- Section 125 plans, which allow you to pay for medical and child care expenses, tax-free.
- A bus pass or parking reimbursement, depending on where you live and how you choose to get to work.
- Telecommuting and flextime options, depending on position and department.
- For even more reasons to join our team, check out this GeekWire article.
Seattle: Technology hub AND awesome place to live?Yup. We love our home. Seattle has three mountain ranges, bridges that float on the water, a shameless appreciation for the arts, incredible food (not to mention life-changing coffee), and the most literate population in the U.S. Our office is located downtown near the buzzing and historic Pike Place Market.
We’re huge fans of Seattle but we know it might not be the center of your universe. We want to work with the best and brightest wherever they live. That’s why you don’t have to live in Seattle to work at Opscode. Opscode has employees in every time zone of the lower 48. We’ve worked hard to create a remote-friendly culture and believe you can have a big impact no matter where you live.